Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thursday Roses: 8.4.11

Seriously, it's already August?

Where did the summer go? Well if you're around our parts you are about ready for it to go away. We've been under a severe heat advisory the last few days. I went with AOK to the dirtbike track on Wednesday and it was 111 degrees out there. Unfortunately, with the high temps and no rain, we've seen a few wildfires in our little town even though there is a strict burn ban. Here in Huntsvegas we are even supposed to be only using water for "necessary" things. I'm trying to be better about conserving. With all this said, my Thursday Roses could not be any more appropriate today. I came home a few days ago and found this growing in the flower bed, that we've paid no attention or really have been watering because we are chunking a lot of it come fall...

It definitely brightened my day- and reminded me I have a lot to be thankful for.

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for making our linking party rawk this week...
    You are featured this week at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/08/nbcs-america-got-talent-and-our-own.html
    Thank you,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love to hear from you guys :)