Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Living Room is NO place for a Dirtbike.

Seriously.

I think the title of this post says it all.

Currently, AOK keeps his dirtbike in the living room at his apartment. You think I'm joking? I'm not, case in point:


Notice the junk to the right of the picture, that is his make-shift "garage" tool spot.

When we looked at houses this was a BIG must for me, a garage. There would be NO wheeled objects in our living room, ever.  AOK is the tinkering type, I'm surprised his mama didn't give birth to him in the garage. He loves having oil/grease on his hands, he loves the way engines look, he loves doing "man things" as he calls it. Don't get me wrong, I love watching him do it and learning myself, just not in the living room.

AOK's dreams came true with this house. No garage, just a little carport for Baby Jett, but behind the lovely house is a 600 square foot workshop. I'm not kidding you. The first time we stepped foot in the house, our realtor laughed at him because he shot off straight to the backyard and his eyes never left it. I tried getting him to ooohh and ahhh over the fireplace but there are windows in the living room facing the shop, he was not interested. It was love at first sight with him. When we got in his truck to leave he was mad that I wasn't on the phone with the lender right then and there to talk about making an offer. Our house's workshop had AOK at hello.

Clearly, the backyard and shop are AOK's favorite part of the house. Our backyard is MASSIVE with a huge covered porch, green house, tree house, HOT TUB (score!), BBQ area, it's the perfect entertaining spot for a young couple like ourselves. But what I love most about it? Because of the trees and landscaping, you are in the backyard in a neighborhood but feel completely alone. There are no neighbors right on you you feel like you are on 20 acres of land. AOK has big plans for this retreat, here are some pictures before we move in.


This picture was taken in mid-January, the grass and trees are GORGEOUSLY green now! Big, huh?

Here is the workshop, birdhouse, treehouse view. The shop has a sliding door & everything. I hope AOK doesn't leave me for this shop, that would be the ultimate bummer heehee!

Like I said, we have lots of plans for the outside, can't wait to share our progress! We are t-minus 19 days (7 days of which we will be in VEGAS!) until move in! And we both still have not packed one dang box! We better get our move on! Get it? Get it? haha
Happy Cinco de Mayo!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love to hear from you guys :)