Tuesday, June 14, 2011

(mmm)imosas

“Here’s my advice: Have a little faith… and if that doesn’t work- a lot of mimosas.”     
 –Blair Waldorf, Gossip Girl


In the [spirit] of GG, my favorite guilty pleasure here is my favorite mimosa recipe. I promise you, these will make any bridesmaid brunch, breakfast event, or just Sunday morning in bed with that special someone a little bit sunnier. Enjoy!

Components:
Champagne (Just something semi- dry)
Orange Juice (fresh squeezed is DELECTABLE, but bottled is yummy too)
Grand Marnier
Fresh Raspberries
Chilled Water

Steppy Steps:
A day ahead of time drop a raspberry in each well of some ice cube trays. Fill up the trays with water and freeze overnight. When ready to serve plop 2 or so raspberry ice cubes in a champagne glass (or large wine glass- the way I like to drink it!).  Fill 3/5 the glass with champagne, add cold orange juice, but not quite to the top. Add 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier and stir. Add a cute orange slice or raspberry to the rim, serve and enjoy. Best served with friends.

AOK and me love mimosas. While we were in Vegas we had quite a few! I could drink them every morning, I just do not think my office would be too happy with me. Try out our recipe, I might surprise AOK one morning this week! Do any of you watch Gossip Girl? Any other guilty pleasure shows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love to hear from you guys :)