Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Money Talks

Happy HUMP day!

I'm not happy about this hump day. Today, June 1st starts the first day of summer school. Usually I LOVE summer school because you are in and then you're out but this session I have a class at our remote campus about 30 minutes away TWICE a week. The class is from 6pm-10pm so I know my Tuesday and Thursday mornings are not going to be pleasant. PLUS it's a math analysis class, THE HORROR! I just have to keep in mind that in just 4 short weeks I will be done! Then in December I will have finished my MBA, that'll be a fantastic day, I probably will cry because my brain will finally have the ability to relax if only for a few minutes.

I mentioned my new boot camp yesterday that I wanted to share with all you guys. AOK's mama sent me a link to a website called Learnvest (Learn, Earn, Invest). It's all about strategies and tips to manage your budget. This could not have come at a better time for me. We are on a budget with having just bought a house, trying to fix it up all cute, and buy the neccesities as well. It makes my brain hurt a little thinking about it. I have a running list of purchases we have to make in the next few months. In this economy we have to make smart decisions and choices, you cannot waste your money or time. Not only will getting our finances on a regiman impact us now, but in the future as well.


Today's bootcamp tutorial is making you aware of your bills and how you organize them. Online banking will actually help you plan and succeed at paying bills on time (or even early!). Tonight, I will enroll in Paperless Bills, Autodrafts, and E-Reminders.

I encourage you to check this site out @ learnvest.com and figure out what you can do to prepare for your future. Can't wait to see where this takes us!

I know this is a rather boring post, but as young adults this is when we will make the decisions and habits that will affect us for the rest of our lives. This topic is important to me and I hope you will take it seriously. This weekend I hope to make some of our mantle decor (on the thrift of course!) Come back and check it out.

Do you guys have some money saving tricks? One of my best friends, Meredith, called the other night all excited about couponing. I wish I could get into it... maybe I need lessons! Anyone else use this strategy?

Thanks for sticking with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love to hear from you guys :)